The MPA run postgraduate-specific orientation events at the beginning of each semester at a number of campuses.
- Semester 2, 2014 postgraduate orientation
- Online orientation
- International research postgraduates
- Orientation volunteers
Semester 2, 2014 postgraduate orientation
Come along to the Monash Postgraduate Association (MPA) orientation to learn about what to expect on your postgraduate journey. The day will include:
- Interactive seminars
- Panel of experienced postgrads sharing info to help you save time
- Campus tour with a focus on postgrad specific areas on-campus and on-line
- Refreshments and lunch
Wednesday 23 July, 9:30am-4:00pm Book
Thursday 24 July, 9:30am-4:00pm Book
If you've missed our postgraduate orientation events, or you are studying as a Distance Education postgraduate, you can visit our "orientation online" pages:-
- Coursework postgrads online orientation
- Distance Education research postgrads online orientation
- Distance Education coursework postgrads online orientation
International research postgrads
Student advisers from Health and Wellbeing run compulsory orientation sessions for newly arriving International research students. The International Student Essential Information sessions cover topics such as accommodation and living in Melbourne, Australian culture, health cover, tax matters and more. Click here for details.
A much appreciated and vital part of our orientation sessions are the current students who volunteer to show their new peers around campus.
Slideshows from Semester 1, 2014 postgraduate orientation
Subscribe to email news
Subscribe to the free MPA email newsletter for weekly updates on postgraduate-specific seminars, social events and postgraduate community news.
Note: Research postgraduates who also have staff profiles will need to use their student authcate and email address to subscribe.