Are you someone with ideas, initiative and drive? The MPA is currently seeking nominations from postgraduate students to represent their student cohort in this important role.
Please note that the entire appointment process for the following role is conducted by the MPA, an independent, representative body for postgraduates. Applicants may include their current resume alongside the application form, but please note that this is not a mandatory requirement. All information received will be treated confidentially and with care.
Graduate Coursework Student Representative on the Monash University Academic Board
Academic Board (AB) is the principal academic body at Monash University and is responsible to University Council for the maintenance of standards in teaching and research. The Board’s constitution, membership and terms of reference are set out in Section 29 of the Monash University Statute, and in the Regulations made pursuant to this Statute.
Graduate student representatives on Academic Board work closely with the MPA and our faculty representative network to communicate coursework student issues to the University. The role involves advocating for postgraduate student rights at the AB monthly meetings. Together with your MPA support network, you will create proposals and submissions that could improve the Monash University postgraduate experience.
For more information, including membership and Terms of Reference, read About Academic Board on the Monash University website.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a postgraduate coursework degree for the duration of the appointment.
- You must be available to attend all three meetings remaining for 2019: 11 September; 9 October; and 20 November.
- Meetings are usually held from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm on a Wednesday in the Collaboration Lounge, New Horizons Research Centre, 20 Research Way, Clayton campus.
- Nominations are now open. The closing date for nominations is strictly 12:00 pm (noon) Monday, 2 September.
- Applications must be made on the MPA Nomination form for a Graduate Student Representative.
For more information, or to submit your resume for consideration alongside your completed nomination form, please contact: email@example.com