Join our monthly gatherings for HDR students to connect, compare notes and network.
Are you a PhD or Masters by Research student at Monash? That means you are an “HDR student” and you should definitely join one of our regular social gatherings that are just for you and your kind!
These socials are a great opportunity to meet people going through the same research journey as you, exchange ideas and network with students from all different faculties and disciplines. Even better, your snacks and your first beer, wine, juice or coffee will be on us!
You can also join our Facebook Group to stay connected with other HDR students.
End-of-Year Summer Sizzle
We will be ramping up the last HDR Social of the year to celebrate everyone’s hard work. There will be sausages! There will be drinks! There will be fun! There will also be a best paper hat contest.
Students will get two drink tickets that can be exchanged for a coffee or alcoholic beverage. We will have sausages, and will try to cater for halal and veg/vegan, GF options.
Come ready to get creative. We’ll provide the newspaper and students can make their best, most sizzlin’ hat. All hats must be made on-site to enter the contest and will be judged by staff members. Prizes will be given!
Date: Wednesday, 7 December
Time: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Venue: Cinque Lire Café, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
When you attend an MGA event, please follow these guidelines to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- Observe physical distancing (1.5 metres) where possible.
- Face masks are strongly recommended indoors. If you do not have a mask, the MGA will provide you with one.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Please use the hand sanitiser available.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- If you are a Monash student and you test positive to COVID-19, or are identified as a household contact of a person who has tested positive to COVID-19, you are advised to complete this form to notify Monash.