General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
Firstly, a bit about me; in 2015 I completed my medical degree at Monash University. After working as a doctor for four years I decided to undertake a master’s degree in order to pursue my passion for surgery.
During my undergraduate study I held various leadership positions (TeamMed, Wildfire Rural Health Club and Monash University Soccer Club) which reinforced in me the important values of representation and advocacy.
Graduate education is an incredible opportunity and I look forward to improving the Monash graduate student community as part of the MGA Executive Committee.
My personal interests include sport, music, travel (before COVID-19) and reading.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.