General representatives may contribute to the MGA in any of the following ways:
- Attending the monthly MGAEC meetings, contributing to decision making and voting on issues of concern.
- Conducting some background research to support an MGA submission.
- Talking to graduate students in their department/course/faculty to find out what the current issues are.
- Contributing to one of the many subcommittees that are created for a specific event/issue.
- Volunteering at an MGA orientation, social event or seminar.
I am a Master of Data Science student who believes it only ends once and anything that happens before that is just progress.
The MGA and its lounge have played an important role in me knowing different cultures and making new friends. With this being said, I thought it would be good if I step up for the General Representative position to work for general issues that are being faced by students, and here I am introducing myself as a General Representative.
Apart from that, I am leading the Monash Data Science Society as President and playing an important role in sub-committees like the Coursework Admissions and Standards Sub Committee (CASSC), Academic Progress Committee. Recently I have started working as a Technical Team Lead (part-time).
My hobbies/personal Interests include travelling, trekking and playing table tennis. On a side note, if you want to witness a good view spot here in Melbourne, remember once we are back to normal you can go to Skyhigh point in the Dandenong Ranges and either watch sunset or sunrise and you can thank me later.
Would you like to join a University committee?
To apply for an advertised University committee vacancy, fill out our ‘Monash Graduate Student Representative’ nomination form.
To be notified when relevant University committee vacancy is available, please fill out our ‘University Committee Expression of Interest’ form.